Our hearts are heavy with compassion for those affected by the terrible tragedy at the elementary school in Connecticut. Noblesville Schools wants to reassure our community that we take school safety very seriously. For several years, our school corporation has worked closely with the Noblesville Police Department to develop the most comprehensive and effective school safety procedures possible.
Noblesville Schools has a large number of procedures and plans in place to ensure the maximum day-to-day safety at each and every school building. These include:
• Safety plans for each school designed in collaboration with the Noblesville Police Department.
• Regular safety drills at each Noblesville school.
• School doors are locked and check-in procedures are in place for all visitors to each school.
• A doorbell entry system is installed at high traffic entryways that do not have staff monitoring.
• School Resource Officers (SRO) are present in our schools as a part of our ongoing partnership with the Noblesville Police Department.
• School staff members are trained on how to activate safety plans and procedures.
The Connecticut school tragedy causes us all a great deal of concern. Our guidance counselors and social workers, along with other professionals, stand ready to help and support students in light of the Connecticut school tragedy. Teachers and administrators will be alert to student needs and will do their utmost to conduct normal, positive, activities at each of our schools.
Working in conjunction with the Noblesville Police Department, Noblesville Schools will continue to do everything possible to sustain safe school environments at all times.
Thank you for your continued support.
Supt. Dr. Libbie Morgan Conner