Column: Looking back at last year’s accomplishments
Commentary by Marnie Cooke
I am continually amazed by the accomplishments of Noblesville Schools students, teachers, staff and administrators, and want to take this opportunity to share a few highlights from the 2015-16 school year.
While distinctions of this kind only tell part of the story of how our innovative approach to education is providing second-to-none learning experiences for our students, we certainly appreciate the recognition. As always, thank you to the community for your strong support of Noblesville Schools. We couldn’t do it without you!
- We were rated an all-A district by the Indiana Dept. of Education – the only one in Hamilton County to be all-A the past two years in a row.
- NHS, West, East, Hinkle, Hazel Dell, Noble Crossing and Promise Road were named 4-star schools – more than doubling our 4-star schools from the previous year.
- Noblesville High School was honored by the state for top Advanced Placement performance and named to the national AP Honor Roll.
- East Middle School and Noble Crossing were named as best examples in the state of high quality education practices.
- We were named for the second year in a row as a Best Community for Music Education in a national ranking.
- Teacher Don Wettrick was named the Indiana Innovations Award winner of the year – an accolade not typically given to educators.
- Counselor Lauri Waldner was named the Indiana Middle School Counselor of the Year.
- Noblesville Schools was named an Apple Distinguished Program for our leadership with educational technology, one of a select few in state.
- Our recent survey of the Noblesville community showed that 94 percent of respondents felt Noblesville Schools was meeting or exceeding education expectations.
- Numerous students and staff members were recognized at the state and national level for their academic, athletic, fine art, performing art and leadership achievements.
Marnie Cooke is the director of Marketing and Communications at Noblesville Schools. She can be reached at 317-773-3171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.